At a glance:
- Sahajanand Medical Technologies Pvt Ltd (SMT) is India’s leading developer and manufacturer of minimally invasive coronary stent systems, with one of the broadest product portfolios in the industry
- SMT has a strong international presence with footprints in more than 75 countries that include Europe, Americas, Russia, and the Emerging Markets
- SMT has achieved recognitions from Government of India & a host of esteemed institutions for its tremendous contributions in the field of Coronary healthcare, having clinical safety and efficacy proven in various national & multi-country clinical trials & publications spread over more than 25000 patients, putting us at par with global standards and brands
- SMT is developing Asia’s largest Stent manufacturing and R&D facility at the Medical Devices Park in Telangana
- What is the special highlight of SMT’s R&D facility in Hyderabad?
SMT’s state-of-the-art stent manufacturing campus and R&D centre by SMT will be a further fillip to our commitment to advance the patient care by introducing innovative medical devices and to live up to our continuous innovation and up-gradation of affordable portfolio for catering to healthcare needs in cardiovascular segment. Salient features of this ambitious project are:
- This will be the biggest Stent Manufacturing Campus in Asia, with a one of its kind state of the art innovative facility having a capacity to manufacture 1.2 million stents, and 2.0 million catheters at full capacity.
- The facility will also house a state-of-the-art R&D centre, developing advanced medical products in interventional cardiovascular, endovascular, and such other niche and novel devices.
- The company will employ over 2000 staff when fully operational, providing significant boost to local economy. Additionally, the proposed global state of the art Research and Development center would potentially generate an employment of 200 to 300 highly qualified scientists.
- The facility is built keeping in mind compliance requirement for National and International Regulatory bodies such as USFDA, Japan FDA, ANVISA for Latin American Countries, MDSAP, MDD and CE certifications.
- We are also happy to share that as an environmentally savvy entity, like SMTs earlier facility in Surat, this will also be a non-polluting entity. Our Manufacturing process do not generate any industrial water waste or effluents. We have a climate change mitigation strategy that commits us to environmental protection and offsetting company’s impacts towards environmental depletion. Further to address CO2 emission reduction, we will be adhering to solar powered installations, reducing our dependence on conventional energy. Further SMT is also taking other environmental measures within the allotted premises that includes protecting the natural water body that is a part of the allotted plot and retaining/ uplifting the natural contours that falls within our allotment.
- What are the specific reasons for choosing Hyderabad?
At the onset, SMT would like to laud the visionary leadership of Hon’ble Chief Minister Sri K Chandrashekar Raoji, and Sri KT Rama Rao ji that has made the state of Telangana as South Asia’s global business hub, built on the foundation of sectors like IT/ITES, Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices. The State of Telangana, and especially Hyderabad has been emerging as a leader in the Lifesciences Ecosystem, with an immense scope for industrial growth, backed with a visionary leadership both at the political and policy level that boost the life sciences sector in the state, which has recognized Pharma and MedTech Sectors as a thrust areas. This was a key motivator for a Gujarat based company like us to make the State of Telangana our second home. With Genome Valley, Pharma City, and the Medical Devices Park put together, make Hyderabad a unique destination and a hub for research and innovation in life sciences sector. Further with an already existing academia linkage through NIPER-H and the proposed setup to have common warehousing, laboratory, and skill development facilities, and an ambitious vision of doubling the value of life sciences sector to USD 100 Bn, makes it as a destination of choice.
- Quote from leadership:
Snapshots of the facility:
Attached is the pic of our facility.
for more details, Pls contact
Dr. Rajiv Chhibber – Vice President, External Affairs
Sahajanand Medical Technologies. Pvt. Ltd.
Mobile +91 9810426698