Genome Valley is India’s first organized cluster for Life Sciences R&D and Clean Manufacturing activities, with world-class infrastructure facilities in the form of Industrial / Knowledge Parks, Special Economic Zones (SEZs), Multi-tenanted dry and wet laboratories and incubation facilities. It is home to more than 200 companies with a scientific workforce of about 15,000 professionals including presence of the marquee global names like Novartis, GlaxoSmithKline, Ferring Pharma, Chemo, DuPont, Ashland, United States Pharmacopeia, Lonza amongst many others.
In FY 2017-18, Genome Valley was accorded with Industrial Area Local Authority (IALA) status. The IALA status enables single point administration of the cluster, which will allow companies in Genome Valley a single point contact for all Government related approvals and further facilitate infrastructure development in the cluster.
- Genome Valley is India’s first organized cluster for life sciences R&D activities, with over 200 companies located in its eco-friendly environment
- The Cluster is home to companies from about 18 countries across the globe.
- Home to three of India’s largest vaccine manufacturers, namely Bharat Biotech, Biological E and Indian Immunologicals
- Recognized as the European hub of India, housing major European companies like Novartis, Sandoz, Lonza, Ferring, Chemo, GSK, among others.
- Houses more than 2.5 Mn Sq. Ft. of multi-tenanted laboratory facilities
- Ranked #1 among the core clusters established in India, as per the report – “Life Sciences Real Estate – Opportunities & Hotspots in India”, Edition 1, by JB Cerestra (2019).
- About 500,000 Sq. Ft. multi-tenanted facility will be available for lease by March 2021 with another 15,00,000 Sq. Ft under development
- About 120 acres of land is available for industries as part of Genome Valley Phase 3